Monday, March 07, 2011

Black and Blue Beannie

My mom showed me an awesome free beannie pattern borrowed from this website (the link to the pattern is on the left). You start at the bottom, rib k2p2 for 9 1/2" then start decreasing until it's done.

I started this beannie with the same blue fleck yarn that I used on the scarf, but discovered I didn't have enough for the whole hat, so Billy suggested to do the rest in black. Progress began like this:


Since I learned how to stripe from the scarf, changing colors was no problem. I used the Red Heart Super Saver worsted acrylic again, which is handy since there is very little variance in gauge and there's a local shop with a ton of different (cheap) colors. Excellent for a beginner, anyway. I'll be branching out with different thickness and textures soon enough.

Here's how it turned out:


I wasn't discouraged, though. The brim obviously rolls up and the whole thing is very warm. I like the adjustable length so if I decide to grow my hair out I have room. Not to mention there's almost no need to swatch because it's a one size fits all (again, pretty much. Obviously changes would need to be made for a child or a baby or a giant).

Here's my happy face (accompanied by the tv):








No comments: