Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quickie Catch-Up

It's not all ranting here.. originally this was just a knitting blog. So... here are some of the many things I've knit since we last spoke of knitting (in no particular order):


Lots of deviation from the pattern here - a first for me. Improvising based on a pattern is tough for me, too, but this was ultra satisfying! Beard is attached to the 'helmet.'



Sometimes it is worth making something you'd personally never wear; this made an excellent gift I didn't know I'd need to have on hand, and it suited the person perfectly!



This took me a full year of work and it was worth it. It's not totally obvious in the picture but that is a beaded edge - I think it took about 3000 beads (literally) and I am really proud of it. I'm starting to look at other shawls to knit. This was a wedding present but it can't hurt to have extra elegance on hand.




Made up the pattern but not the stitch, which I borrowed from one of those "stitch-a-day" calendars. Excellent dish rag with texture to scrub made from cheapo Red Heart Super Savor acrylic.




Ended up holding the strands too tightly, I think. This ended up being too small to be comfortable which is too bad because the yarn is insanely soft and it looks so cool! May pick up this pattern again.




This took ages as well but was nice to have on my lap while it was cold. After washing in the machine the yarn really blossomed and is now more vibrant and incredibly soft.




Finally know someone with a baby so I can knit baby things! This was so fast, satisfying, and adorable!




The most recently finished product. 100% cotton I'm not sure it will get much use out here, but it was fun to knit and the yarn is pretty.



That's it for now. Go have some fun!

No comments: